Never buy store bought pesto again! Pesto sauce is so easy to make!
Yes way! I always make my own, but always add spinach to the recipe (rich in antioxidants, spinach is a good source of vitamins A, B2, C and K, and also contains magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, calcium and potassium). All you need are the following ingredients below:
- 1 1/2 cups Spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of nuts (of your choice, I always get mixed nuts and roast them)
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- dash of salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- cloves of garlic peeled and sliced (I usually put about 3 -4 cloves)
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
I never buy store bought pesto! This recipe is so easy to make literally takes me about 5 minutes to make every time. It also tastes so much better to have fresh pesto than store bought. I of course use pesto sauce to incorporate in my cooking. I use it for my zucchini noodles, to marinate my seafood if I’m grilling or baking and to make homemade pizza. I love veggie pizza so I made my own.
- Whole wheat flatbread
- homemade spinach & basil pesto sauce
- tomato & basil feta cheese
- sliced roma tomatoes
- sliced black olives
- fresh spinach
- artichoke hearts
Check out the video below