This morning was my first try at making crêpes, and I must say, I feel like a pro!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch was my favorite cereal as child and I thought it would be brilliant to combine my preferable favorite breakfast meal choice when I was younger with a sweet apple cinnamon crêpe.
Did I mention I topped it off with Marshmallow Fluff?!
Tell me about it!
So first step is obviously to make your Crêpe batter.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- dash salt
- In a blender, place all ingredients, except flour. Blend together
- Sprinkle in flour, blend until incorporated.
- You may choose to refrigerate the batter for 1 hour or even over-night.
- After refrigerating the batter, blend again on HIGH for 1 minute. This adds air into the batter and again makes the crepe lighter and gives you that beautiful spider’s web design on your crepes.
Then I made my cinnamon apples for the filling.
- diced Granny Smith apples (2)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 cup of butter
Fill your crêpe(s) with the cinnamon apples.
Crush some Cinnamon Toast Crunch and pour the crushed cereal on top of the apples.
Roll up your crêpe(s) and pour the remaining sauce and apples on top.
Crush more Cinnamon Toast Crunch on top of your crêpe(s) and then top it off with yummy Marshmallow Fluff!
To make marshmallow fluff you basically bring water, sugar and corn syrup to a boil until it reaches 240°F and then you whisk with egg whites until cool.
Simple yet amazing!
*Crepe recipe via LittleYellowBarn