Yes I’m back!
In my previous blog post I made some simple yet tasty HomeMade Blackberry Jam and had a small container of leftover jam that I decide to make homemade ice cream! You can also make a sorbet out of the leftover jam as well.
Know the Difference?
- Sorbet — contains no dairy; is very light in flavor
- Sherbet — contains fruit, but also dairy and is lighter than ice cream
- Frozen Yogurt — Contains dairy that has been cultured; resembles soft ice cream
- Ice Cream — Must have at least 10% milk fat; may or may not contain eggs
- Gelato — Ice cream with a mix of milk and sometimes cream, and eggs; boasts a dense texture.
Homemade Blackberry Jam Ice Cream
- 1 cup Fruit jam
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
Mix all ingredients together and put in freezer. For those with an ice cream maker just pour mixture into the machine.
I had some white chocolate so I shaved some on my ice cream when it was ready to serve.
You can also use this to make a sherbet.
Blackberry Jam Sherbet
- 1 cup fruit jam
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
I mixed all the ingredients in my Ninja Blender and placed the mixture into a container in the freezer overnight. I just scooped out the sherbet and added a bit of more jam.