Who doesn’t love a fresh batch of buttermilk pancakes to greet them in the morning?
I wanted to make some pancakes but for some reason I thought of frying them (hey why not). The week before I had wanted to make churros and read that you can basically make them with a pancake recipe. So I decided to make my infamous buttermilk pancake recipe and fry the batter into some heating oil (canola) on the stove.
Afterwards I coated them in a cinnamon sugar mixture I had off to the side. Here’s all you need to do:
- Prepare your pancake batter.
- Pour batter into piping bag.
- Pipe batter into hot oil (registers 325F degrees on a thermometer)
- When batter turns golden brown on both sides remove from oil.
- Take cooked pancake into cinnamon sugar mixture (brown sugar, white sugar, ground cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg or ground cloves)
Now you and your family can enjoy these yummy fried buttermilk pancake sticks! You can drizzle chocolate on them if you want to get a little crazy or add flavored whipped cream. Now who’s ready for a pancake party?!