This post is dedicated to readers who love to bake!
Or maybe those who don’t…
Or for anyone who just loves a delicious cake!
I would take credit for this incredible cake however I adapted this particular recipe from an Apple Spice Bundt Cake from TasteofHome.com. I just omitted a few ingredients and added my own.
This is a great cake to bake during the holidays.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Cream together the sugars, butter and shortening in a mixing bowl (use your beater). Add eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla extract
- Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl (I sift my dry ingredients for some people it doesn’t matter) add to the cream mixture.
- Fold in applesauce. Then fold in sliced almonds.
- Pour into a greased or sprayed bundt cake pan
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 50-55 minutes.
What type of glaze you’d like to put on your cake is entirely up to you. I actually made a glaze consisting of powdered sugar and French vanilla coffee creamer. When the cake cooled I poured a bit of glaze over the cake then covered it with (more) powdered sugar and sliced almonds.